Are you looking for solutions to solve the HP scanner not working issue on both Windows and Mac? If so, read this blog.
Fixes For HP Scanner Not Working on Windows
Method 1: Make Use of HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool
On your Windows PC, run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix printing and scanning issues.
- Make sure the main tray is loaded with paper before turning on the printer.
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor by following the on-screen instructions.
- On the welcome screen, pick your printer and start the diagnostic by clicking Start.
- If your printer isn't listed, select My product isn't listed, and then troubleshoot the connection using the instructions.
Method 2: Install the HP Printer Driver Again
When the HP scanner not working windows, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the print driver.
- Disconnect the printer from any USB wires.
- Open Add or uninstall apps in Windows by searching for them.
- In the list of programs, look for the name of your HP printer.
Once you've located your printer, click its name and then Uninstall.
If you can't find your printer, go to Printers scanners, find it, click it, and then click Remove device.
- If a notice about User Account Control appears, select Yes.
- Finish the software uninstallation by following the instructions and restarting the computer.
- Download and install the latest print driver from 123.hp.com.
Is the Hp Scanner Not Working on Mac?
Do you know why is HP scanner not working on Mac? A software mismatch issue with a Mac OS X or HP driver update can cause the scanner to cease working. To diagnose it, look into this with possible solutions.
Method 1. Rebooting
Power cycling the devices that aren't operating correctly together is a common initial step in resolving any computer problem. Restart both the Mac and the scanner in this situation.
Method 2. Update Mac OS X
See if there are any Mac OS X software upgrades available. Apple will deliver these changes to your computer if you've enabled notifications.
It is, however, preferable to open the Mac OS X Mountain Lion App Store and see if an operating system update is available. Install it if there is one since it may contain an update for HP devices.
Method 3. HP Scanner Driver Software Update
If you haven't already done so, go to HP's support page and download the latest scanner drivers (link in Resources). Even if no updates are available, it is worthwhile to uninstall and reload the HP driver software to ensure a fresh start for your tests.
Method 4. Remove the Scanner and Reconnect It
Thinking, Why is My HP Scanner Not Working? There may be IP address conflicts or other connectivity issues if your scanner is connected to your wireless network.
- Go to System Preferences and load the "Print Scan" page, then click on the name of your scanner and press the "-" button to remove it.
- By clicking the "+" button and following the wizard's instructions, you can add the scanner back to the list.
If the HP scanner not working, whether it's Mac or windows, follow the above steps and methods first. If the problem still exists, contact HP support for professional help.